The sun is shining, the blankets are out – all you need now are some easy picnic recipes to impress your friends (without a crazy amount of effort involved!). Good news for you – I’ve carefully selected some epic easy picnic recipes that you’ve probably never even thought of before. Like bacon halloumi bites, Mexican butter popcorn and rainbow pasta salad to name but a few! Curious? read on for more inspiration…
Organised in advance or a last minute decision – we do love a good Summer picnic don’t we? What we don’t like is getting stressed out because we don’t know what to make, don’t have time to make things or the weather is rubbish.
Well I can’t help you with the weather I’m afraid (although this post on how to stay cool in a heatwave can!) but I can help you with some easy picnic recipes and helpful tips to make it as stress free and fun as possible! These 20 easy strawberry recipes would make a great addition too.
10 Tips for the PERFECT picnic
Picnics are always fun regardless – but here are some handy tips to help you have the perfect picnic!
- Take a bag to put your rubbish in. It’s the responsible thing to do!
- Put your drinks in thermo flasks with ice. They don’t just keep hot drinks hot – they keep cold drinks cold too!
- Put your phone in an empty glass for a cheap & easy portable speaker.
- Slide cupcake cases onto the bottom of ice lollies for a drip/mess free treat. (Perfect for kids!)
- Avoid taking cakes & fancy cream based treats. They’re fragile to transport, messy to eat and the wasps love them.
- Use a cool bag/box instead of a hamper. They’ll keep your food at the right temperature where as hampers are pretty but not practical.
- Don’t have an ice pack? Freeze a bottle of water. It will work just as well and double as an ice cold refreshing drink when it’s melted.
- Take napkins not wet wipes. You can add water to a napkin for those sticky fingers. (It’s way better for the environment!)
- Bringing alcoholic drinks? Don’t forget the bottle opener!
- Try to keep things bite sized – no one likes chopping things on a picnic.
Other recipe collections you might like
Love a good recipe collection? Here are some more that you will love!
- 20 Easy Strawberry Recipes to Sweeten Your Summer
- How to Impress: 5 Easy Weekend Bakes
- 7 Quick Bakes for Last Minutes Emergencies
- 7 Easy Bakes to Make With Kids
Need a new picnic blanket?
I’ve sought out the best blankets, hampers, plates and more to make your Summer a breeze! Check out my handy product guide here.
16 Easy Picnic Recipes You’ve Never Thought of Before
Have you made any of these recipes?
Will these easy picnic recipes be making an appearance in your household? I’d love to know if it is! Send me your pics and comments on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loved this post? Pin it!