(This post has been updated from the original November 2015 version to provide a better experience for you)
Want to learn how to make vodka gummy bears? You’re in the right place! You wouldn’t believe how ridiculously easy it is… With just 2 ingredients, a bowl and a bit of time – you and your party guests could be enjoying this sweet and naughty treat before you can say, “Where on Earth did they go?!” Do you love a good vodka recipe? Check out my easy homemade toffee vodka, it makes the perfect gift for the vodka lovers in your life!
This is definitely one for the grown ups! Combining two of my loves, sweets and booze, these vodka gummy bears pack a serious punch! Not for the faint hearted that’s for sure. Did I mention that they are ridiculously simple to make and require only two ingredients??
If you’re on the lookout for awesome party food recipes, you should totally check out my stylish tuxedo cheese & crackers and my ever popular bacon halloumi bites. I guarantee your party guests will be begging you for more!
Tips for Making Vodka Gummy Bears
- Use the best quality vodka you can afford. I have made these with both good and bad brands and it’s very noticeable when you use a cheap one!
- Easily change up the flavour by using flavoured vodka! I recommend using fruity flavours to compliment the gummy bears.
- These are slippery little suckers – serve with cocktail sticks so your guests don’t struggle to eat them.
- If you want a more mild version, let soak for half the time and drain/rinse away the remaining vodka.
- Why not experiment? Try using different spirits and see which one is your favourite. Let me know in the comments section below!
Vodka Gummy Bears Recipe
Here is what you will need to make your very own Vodka Gummy Bears.
(For a printer friendly version, see the recipe card at the end of this post)
- 1 x 200 g (7 oz) Bag of Gummy Bears
- approx 150 – 200 ml (2/3 Cup – 3/4 + 1/8 Cup) Vodka *
*Use a good quality brand! You really can taste the difference.
It really is very simple… Tip the bag of gummy bears (200 g | 7 oz) into a bowl.
Pour over enough vodka to just cover the bears. It should be around 150-200 ml (2/3 Cup – 3/4 + 1/8 Cup).
Leave uncovered at room temperature to soak up the vodka for about 7 – 8 hours. Give them a stir occasionally as they can start to stick together.
After about 7 – 8 hours the bears should have pretty much soaked up all the booze. They will be pretty slippery so I recommend you serve these with cocktail sticks or small forks.
Look how much bigger they are! Super vodka powdered gummy bears!
These beauties are best eaten straight away but, if you have to make them ahead of time, once they have absorbed all the alcohol, cover with cling film and store in the fridge. You will need to give them a careful stir before serving as they will likely have stuck together a little.
And there you have it, I told you it was easy! They come with a warning though, these are just as alcoholic as the vodka you put in them so don’t, for want of a better phrase, eat them like sweets! Restrain yourself a little, these are honestly very strong and need to be eaten with caution and responsibility.
That being said, it’s way more fun than a vodka Redbull or cocktail! They’ll definitely be a hit at your next party.
Loved This Recipe? Pin it!
- 200 g (7 oz) Gummy Bears
- 150 ml (2/3 Cup) Good Quality Vodka
- 1 Bowl
- Tip the gummy bears into a bowl.
- Pour in just enough vodka to cover the gummy bears.
- Sit uncovered at room temperature for 7 hours until the gummy bears have fully absorbed the vodka. Stir every now and then as they can stick together.
- These are best served immediately. If this is not possible, cover with cling film and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Use the best vodka you can afford. You will really taste the difference!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information on kitchenmason.com should only be used as a general guideline, I am not a certified nutritionist. Please always check labels for allergens where applicable.