Rich, gooey and indulgent, these Kinder Bueno brownies are a thing that is very much needed in life! Just like my fudgy brownies, they’re insanely easy to make (in just one bowl in fact). So if you’re a lover of decadent chocolate bakes, you’re in the right place!
A few weeks ago I made a no bake Kinder Bueno cheesecake which went down an absolute treat with you all! I sincerely hope you tried it yourself, it really is SO yummy!!
With the roaring success of that cheesecake, there was only one way to go really wasn’t there? Kinder Bueno brownies of course!
It was only natural when you think about it. I mean, gooey, rich, fudgy brownies teamed up with Kinder chocolate chips and huge chunks of Kinder Bueno… it just works! Like, REALLY well!
Check out just how easy it really is to make too…
How to make Kinder Bueno brownies
All you need is one bowl, a spatula and a square tin! It really is very simple.
- Chop Kinder bars and Kinder Bueno bars into pieces.
- Melt together butter and dark chocolate in the microwave.
- Beat in the eggs then the sugar.
- Stir through the vanilla and salt.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Mix through the chopped Kinder and Kinder Bueno pieces.
- Pour into a lined tin and bake.
- Cool completely.
Kinder Bueno Brownie Ingredients
Want to make them for yourself? Here’s everything you need to know about the ingredients you need…
- Kinder Bueno Bars – There really is no substitute for these. It has to be the real deal!
- Kinder Bars – You know, the little ones that children eat? Yep, those! These are optional but add something special.
- Butter – Always use unsalted in baking unless specified otherwise in the recipe. It gives you control over the salt content.
- Chocolate – This has to be dark chocolate. Even if you don’t like dark chocolate, still use it. I promise, it will be far too sweet if you use milk.
- Eggs – Free range organic are my favourite but whatever you have in will work just fine.
- Sugar – I love golden caster sugar as it adds a slight caramel flavour. Regular caster sugar (or superfine in the US) will work well too.
- Vanilla – Although not essential, a good quality vanilla will round out the flavour nicely.
- Salt – You season your dinner, why not your bakes? This helps bring out the best in the flavours. Table salt is just fine.
- Flour – Always plain flour (all purpose) here, don’t use self raising or other varieties as it will effect the texture.
- Cocoa Powder – Make sure it’s pure cocoa powder and not drinking chocolate, which are already sweetened.
Kinder Bueno Brownie Tips and Troubleshooting
Yes it’s an easy recipe but we are all only human and we all make mistakes! Well I do at least haha. Here’s a few tips to help!
- Bring your eggs to room temperature before using. Ingredients blend better when all at the same temperature.
- Use the best quality dark chocolate you can afford. It’s a big flavour in these brownies!
- Make sure you use pure cocoa powder and not drinking chocolate. (Drinking chocolate has added sugar.)
- Use unsalted butter and add salt separately. It gives you complete control of the overall flavour.
- Remember that all ovens vary! Check your brownies in the last 5-6 mins or so, just in case.
- Allow your brownies to cool completely before removing from the tin/slicing or you will end up in a big gooey mess!
- My eggs scrambled when I added them – you overheated the chocolate and/or added them to the chocolate before allowing it to cool and/or your eggs were not at room temperature.
- My brownie fell apart when I took it out the tin – you didn’t allow it to cool completely before attempting to remove it.
- The brownies were too sweet – you didn’t use dark chocolate. Milk chocolate will make them too sweet. OR you used drinking chocolate instead of cocoa powder.
- My brownies were too soft/gooey – You didn’t bake them for long enough.
- The brownies were too firm and not very gooey – You over baked them. Try reducing the cooking time by a few minutes.
Other recipes you might like
Kinder Bueno Brownies Recipe
Here is what you will need to make 16.
(For a printer friendly version, see the recipe card at the end of this post)
- 90g (3.2 oz) or 4 x Individual Kinder Bueno Bars
- 75g (2.6 oz) Kinder Chocolate Bars
- 110g (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter
- 110g (3.9 oz) Dark Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 225g (1 + 1/8 Cup) Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 60g (1/2 Cup) Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 20cm (8″) Square Baking Tin
- Large Microwavable Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
Grease and line your tin with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 170°C/356°F.
Break the Kinder Bueno bars (90g | 3.2 oz or 4 x Individual) into pieces and chop each piece in half. Also break the Kinder Chocolate Bars (75g | 2.6 oz) into pieces. Set them to one side until we need them.
Add the butter (110g | 1/2 Cup) and dark chocolate (110g | 3.9 oz) into a large microwavable bowl and heat in 10 second intervals until melted. Make sure you stir well between each time and don’t over heat it.
One at a time, beat in the eggs (x 2) until they’re thoroughly blended in.
Then weigh in the sugar (225g | 1 + 1/8 Cup) and beat well until it’s completely dissolved and it doesn’t feel grainy on the bottom of the bowl anymore.
Time for some flavour! Stir through the vanilla (1 tsp) and salt (1/4 tsp).
Lastly, sift in the flour (60g | 1/2 Cup) and cocoa powder (2 tbsp). Gently fold it through until you can’t see anymore streaks of flour.
Now we have our brownie batter, let’s add the best bit! Add 80% of the chopped Kinder Bueno (save a few to push into the top) and all of the chopped Kinder Bars.
Give it a gentle mix to evenly distribute everything.
Then pour it into your prepared baking tray. (Yes, I’m a lazy liner and I use pegs!)
Push the remaining chopped Kinder Bueno Bars randomly into the top, then bake for 20 – 25 minutes until crispy on top but still gooey in the middle.
This is the really hard part… let it cool completely before you even think about removing it from the tin! If you’re impatient here, things are going to get very messy indeed. Once completely cooled, remove and slice into 16 bars.
Store in an airtight container (I prefer metal) at room temperature and consume within 5 days.
Have you made this recipe?
Have you made these gooey delicious Kinder Bueno brownies? I’d love to know if you have! Send me your pics, comments and questions on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like baking to be as simple as possible?
You need the right equipment! Check out my favourite Products That Make Baking Easier!
Love this recipe? Pin it!
90g (3.2 oz) or 4 x Individual Kinder Bueno Bars
75g (2.6 oz) Kinder Chocolate Bars
110g (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter
110g (3.9 oz) Dark Chocolate, broken into pieces
2 Eggs, room temperature
225g (1 + 1/8 Cup) Golden Caster Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Salt
60g (1/2 Cup) Plain Flour
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
20cm (8″) Square Baking Tin
Large Microwavable Bowl
- Grease and line your tin with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 170°C/356°F.
- Chop each Kinder Bueno piece in half and break the Kinder Chocolate Bars into individual pieces.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together in a microwavable bowl in 10 second intervals.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until completely mixed in.
- Add the sugar and beat well until it has dissolved and doesn't feel grainy on the bottom of the bowl anymore.
- Stir through the vanilla and salt then sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Fold until there are no more streaks of flour.
- Mix in most of the chopped Kinder Bueno / Kinder Bars, reserving a few pieces for the top.
- Tip the batter into your lined tin then press in the remaining pieces of Kinder Bueno.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes until crispy on top but still soft inside.
- Cool completely before removing from the tin and slicing into 16 bars.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature. (Metal is my favourite.) Consume within 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 223Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information on kitchenmason.com should only be used as a general guideline, I am not a certified nutritionist. Please always check labels for allergens where applicable.
Enjoyed this post? You’ll love…
White Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
No Bake Kinder Bueno Cheesecake
As featured on Southern Bite’s Meal Plan Monday #227