Looking for some new and exciting party snacks to try out? Perfect for any occasion, these gorgeous halloumi & prosciutto bites are exactly what you’ve been looking for! Crazy easy to make and packed full of flavour, these heavenly bites of deliciousness take a mere 10 minutes of prep and only 10 minutes in the oven. That’s it. Just 20 minutes and you could be nibbling away on these tasty little nuggets! Your party snacks don’t need to be boring when you have this simple recipe in your armoury. (Also, you need this AMAZING bacon halloumi bites recipe too!) Keep calm and carry on reading for your super simple step by step picture recipe plus my awesome party snack top tips!
When it comes to party food, I don’t know about you, but I always seem to make the same things over and over again. It gets a little tedious! Always on the lookout for ways to improve and excite, the idea for these little beauties came to me in a conversation with a friend who also loves food. I love how simply having a conversation with someone can trigger amazing ideas for recipes! (Thanks Lucy!)
These moreish and fun party snacks are literally perfect for any occasion. Hosting or attending a BBQ? Perfect. Having friends over for drinks? Perfect. Special occasions i.e. Christmas, birthday parties etc? PERFECT! There is never a bad time to crack out these gorgeous little bites of heaven. It’s possibly also the greatest food magic trick… Put down a bowl of these delights and they will magically disappear before your very eyes! Amazing haha. So if you’re looking for party snack ideas or even just easy party snacks, you’ve definitely come to the right place.
Big halloumi fan? You should try this stunning halloumi avocado salad recipe!
Top Tips for the Perfect Party Snacks
- Stick to just one or two hot snacks and keep the rest cold. You can generally make cold party snacks ahead of time but hot ones require more attention when you should be having fun with your guests.
- Keep it simple. Don’t give yourself too much to do! Planning is key – just think realistically what you can achieve in the time that you have and work with it.
- Know you’re still going to make too much food? Have little bags/boxes on hands so your guests can take ‘doggy bags’ home with them. You won’t get lumbered with tons of food and your guests will be super happy!
- Can’t buy an ingredient in a small enough quantity? Reduce waste by making a couple of recipes using the same ingredient in a different way!
- Prepare what you can ahead of time. Even with hot party snacks, you can usually prepare them up to a certain point. Take my halloumi & prosciutto bites for example. You could chop/roll them all up, then cover and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours and simply cook right before serving. Easy!
Easy Party Snacks: Halloumi & Prosciutto Bites Recipe
Here is what you will need to make 24
- 225g Block of Halloumi
- 6 x Slices (85g) of Prosciutto
- 6 x (100g) Sundried Tomatoes
- Large Baking Tray
Firstly, drain and rinse your halloumi and dry off with a paper towel. Next, cut the block into 24 bite size pieces.
Rinse the sundried tomatoes in a sieve then dry with a paper towel.
Slice them into bite size pieces around the same sort of size as your halloumi. (Although the halloumi will be much thicker.)
Now take a slice of prosciutto and slice it into quarters. Place a sundried tomato in the middle and lay a piece of halloumi on top. Carefully wrap the prosciutto around the whole thing and place the bite, seam side down, onto a foil lined baking tray. (The foil just makes the washing up WAY easier!)
Keep rolling until you’ve used up all the ingredients. At this point you could easily cover them in cling film and store them in the fridge (for up to 24 hours) until needed. If you’re using them straight away, preheat your oven to 190°C/Fan 180°C.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 mins until the prosciutto looks slightly browned and your kitchen smells amazing!
Immediately transfer them to a serving dish or bowl and serve to your guests. I find it best to put some cocktail sticks near by to avoid any greasy fingers, fiddly hassle or washing up!
How beautiful are they!! I’d take a good look now because, when you’ve made a batch, they won’t be around long enough for you to admire them! Finger licking good.
What’s your favourite party snack? I’d love to know! Tell me in the comments section below.
I hope you enjoyed the post my lovelies, until next time.
Miss KitchenMason x
Loved this Recipe? Pin it!
- 225 g 225g Block of Halloumi
- 6 Slices (85g) of Prosciutto
- 6 (100g) Sundried Tomatoes
- Large Baking Tray
- Preheat oven to 190°C/Fan 180°C and line a baking tray with foil.
- Drain, rinse & dry the halloumi. Slice into 24 pieces.
- Rinse sundried tomatoes in a sieve and dry. Slice into 24 pieces.
- Quarter each slice of prosciutto.
- Place a piece each of halloumi & sundried tomato on a prosciutto slice. Carefully roll up.
- Place seam side downwards on your prepared baking tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Serve immediately in a dish with cocktail sticks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 32Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information on kitchenmason.com should only be used as a general guideline, I am not a certified nutritionist. Please always check labels for allergens where applicable.