There’s nothing like a handful of easy strawberry recipes to make your Summer EPIC am I right? British Summer strawberries are the best! So incredibly Sweet, juicy and plentiful. The way I love all my strawberries. And with Wimbledon in full swing, there’s nothing we want to eat more is there?! If you’ve got major Summer vibes, these 16 easy picnic recipes you’ve never thought of before will be right up your street!
Believe it or not I actually didn’t used to like strawberries. I know! It’s like a crime isn’t it?! A few years ago I finally saw the light and realised just how incredible these tasty little berries are. With that in mind – I began searching for as many easy strawberry recipes I could find.
Why not?! They’re juicy, full of good stuff (like vitamin C and manganese), incredibly tasty and, by gosh, they are bountiful in the months of July and August – we should absolutely be taking advantage! I love how versatile they are too. You can eat them as they are, enjoy them with cream, add them into cakes & bakes, turn them into jam & ice cream or even freeze them for later. Make the most of these fruity beauties while they’re here!
The Easiest Strawberry Recipe EVER
If I haven’t got time to actually make anything but I still want to enjoy those beautiful Summer strawberries, here’s what I do:
- Hull and quarter/slice some strawberries and place them into a bowl.
- Sprinkle over a little caster sugar and mix through.
- Leave to sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the juices to start flowing.
- Serve with ice cream, single cream, sweetened creme fraiche or anything else you fancy!
This is what’s called ‘macerating’ strawberries. The sugar draws out beautiful juices which makes them CRAZY tempting to eat! SO simple yet so divine.
Other recipe collections you may like
- 20 Easy Picnic Recipes You’ve Never Thought of Before
- How to Stay Cool During a Heatwave
- How to Impress: 5 Easy Weekend Bakes
- 7 Quick Bakes for Last Minutes Emergencies
- 7 Easy Bakes to Make With Kids
Interesting facts about strawberries
Did you know…?
- There are approx 200 seeds on an average strawberry
- They’re not actually berries – they’re ‘aggregate fruits’
- 1.12 million strawberries are eaten at the Wimbledon Championships every year
- Strawberries are the only fruit with their seeds on the outside
- A serving of strawberries contains more vitamin C than an orange
Ruddy marvelous those strawberries aren’t they?
What makes an easy strawberry recipe?
I don’t know about you, but for me – easy strawberry recipes should be exactly that. Easy! They should be very simple to follow with clear instructions and not require too much effort. All this while still producing beautiful and delicious desserts that we can enjoy time and time again. Because, in our crazy modern day lives, we just don’t have the time for messing about any more! Well you’ll be pleased to hear that these 20 easy strawberry recipes are all of that and more. I promise, you’re going to LOVE them!
Fancy a bit of shopping?
Don’t break out in a sweat! Get the right equipment to make your Summer a breeze. Check out my handy guide here. You won’t regret it…
20 Easy Strawberry Recipes
Have you made any of these recipes?
Will these sensational Summer treats be making an appearance in your household? I’d love to know if it is! Send me your pics and comments on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loved this post? Pin it!